A selection of recommened reference books for modellers, enthusiasts and historians, some include a review by Vintage Airfix.
Battleground Books: WWI Series
– Battleground series of World War One reference books.
Battleground Books: WWII Series
– Battleground series of World War Two reference books.
Despatches from the Front
– A new series covering the entire history of the British Army complete with unique insight into what happened from those in command.
Eyewitnesses from The Great War series
– An innovative series following eyewitness accounts of the people who lived through the hard times of The Great War. This thrilling series features books once known as old, rare and out of print titles that were published during or shortly after The First World War. We bring you the original books that have been unseen for years.
FACT Files Series
– The Fact File series of pocket guides are packed full of information, facts and figures.
Images of War Series
– The success of our Images of War series is due to the copious use of collectors’ graphic and rare contemporary images, supported by authoritative captions and lively text. The majority of titles in this fast growing series focus on campaigns and formations of the Second World War.
– Books suitable to aid military modelling.
Wargames and figures reference
– Miniature wargames have been around since bebore plastic. This selection of books are aimed at wargames and figure modellers.
World War One reference books
– The horrors and sacrifices of the First World War are deeply engrained in the national psyche. The four years between 1914 – 1918 irrevocably changed the lives of its participants and each subsequent generation. a hundred years later and the themes are still familiar..
World War Two reference books
– Far from waning, interest in the global land, sea and air conflict grows with every successive generation. This list has something for everyone, whether it be from memoirs, biographies, pictorial histories, studies of campaigns and a superb selection of guidebooks, covering many of the Battlefields of the Second World War.